Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pretty wing

I was reading this article in Cleo's last issue regarding how some people are trying too hard to fit in. Reminds me of someone. Some people tend to over do it just to be accepted. However, I've learned my mistake back when I was in high school. Now, I rather stand out in a crowd and be myself. Like in the article, "Stay true to yourself". anyways these are the signs if you are trying TOO HARD -
  • you always agree with the other person no matter the topic.
  • you find yourself talking up your job/your boyfriend/friends to impress others.
  • you're willing to compromise your beliefs and morals if it means you'll accepted by your friends.
  • you love everything your friends wear and buy same clothes (so you end up looking like identical twins)
  • you have an opinion about everything. its just that it changes to match whoever you're with.
  • you find yourself in random places and doing things you'd always told yourself you'd never do.
It does not matter if you like your friend's things. Friends shares the same interest. So, no surprise if one has the same/similar to the outfit or things of their friends. Why try too hard to fit in? Friends will accept you no matter who you are unless you over done it. Been there, done that. I guess I've grown out of it. It was a terrible mistake and I'd learned my lesson. Long and slightly different story but in other words I was like agak poyo and mean lah back then. :)
Anyway, DON'T BE A POSER! It would not help you. Be real to yourself, do not change your believes and morals just because you want to be cool like your friends. Another quotation from the article,

"If you make fitting in your highest priority, you run the risk of being exposed as a FAKE".

No comments: